- We read for about seventy-five minutes today.
- I did a few book chats with people who had finished books.
- I read aloud twelve of the Life at Thirty stories, and people took notes on the details about who they thought the author might be.
- I will read the rest of these on Monday.
- I went over a few grammar tips: direct address, dialogue editing, and when to capitalize family names.
- I went over the rubric for the Early Memory assignment.
- We had about thirty minutes to work on this, and then we traded iBooks with a partner to have them proof and edit our drafts.
- We filled out the rubric, then turned it in with the final draft of the Early Memory.
- Santa Helper Prep List
- We heard from the Gender/Feminist and Historical duos today. We will hear from everyone else Monday.
I assigned the following, and explained briefly what was entailed:
- Russian Revolution--read pages 100-113, and annotate what you feel is key information.
- Animal Farm--read chapters 1 and 2, pages 3-18. Annotate, and create a list of characters to keep them straight.
- We will have a reading quiz Monday over each reading assignment.
- We took forty-five minutes after lunch for writing the Mango Essay Outline