- I had a pink sheet conference with each person.
- I gave out grade printouts.
- We wrote letters to parents on our work in class so far this term.
- I had book chats with people who needed them.
- People turned in their Santa's Helper Prep Sheets.
- I handed out Unit Three, Showing, Not Just Telling, and we went over the big ideas for the unit.
Showing, Not Just Telling
- We worked on the four sentences from least vivid to most vivid (p. 2).
- We took notes regarding DICTION over the Cisneros sentence (p. 2).
- We discussed how one word can make a difference, how one word can create imagery.
- I finished reading the Life at Thirty stories aloud, and we had the reveal, then turned in our notes over the stories.
- I handed out grade printouts.
- We passed back papers.
- We filled out our mid-term letters, and we selected a piece or two for our parents to read.
- We took the quizzes over "The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union", as well as chapters 1-2 from the novel.
- I went over the big picture for our work with this unit, and I handed out the overview and the vocabulary list.
- We talked about questions we had about the reading thus far.
- We check the quizzes in class.
- We had the last twenty minutes of class to read chapters 3, 4, and 5 (pages 19-41). The rest is for homework.
- I passed out grade printouts, and I conferenced with people who needed it.
- I passed back essays.
- People thought about their work since August and filled out their mid-term letter.
- Read chapters 3, 4 and 5 (pp. 19-41).