Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday, December 6, 2010

MODERN PROSE

  • I had a pink sheet conference with each person.
  • I gave out grade printouts.
  • We wrote letters to parents on our work in class so far this term.
  • I had book chats with people who needed them.
CREATIVE WRITING
Due
  • People turned in their Santa's Helper Prep Sheets.
Organization
  • I handed out Unit Three, Showing, Not Just Telling, and we went over the big ideas for the unit.
Showing, Not Just Telling
  • We worked on the four sentences from least vivid to most vivid (p. 2).
  • We took notes regarding DICTION over the Cisneros sentence (p. 2).
  • We discussed how one word can make a difference, how one word can create imagery.
Sharing
  • I finished reading the Life at Thirty stories aloud, and we had the reveal, then turned in our notes over the stories.
Organization/Reflection
  • I handed out grade printouts.
  • We passed back papers.
  • We filled out our mid-term letters, and we selected a piece or two for our parents to read.
Homework
  • None
AP ENGLISH

Animal Farm
  • We took the quizzes over "The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union", as well as chapters 1-2 from the novel.
  • I went over the big picture for our work with this unit, and I handed out the overview and the vocabulary list.
  • We talked about questions we had about the reading thus far.
  • We check the quizzes in class.
  • We had the last twenty minutes of class to read chapters 3, 4, and 5 (pages 19-41).  The rest is for homework.
Organization/Reflection
  • I passed out grade printouts, and I conferenced with people who needed it.
  • I passed back essays.
  • People thought about their work since August and filled out their mid-term letter.
Homework
  • Read chapters 3, 4 and 5 (pp. 19-41).

No comments: