- We read for about sixty minutes today (ITED-testing schedule).
- I talked with people who'd finished books.
- Writing and Editing Dialogue
- We read Tips for Editing Dialogue together (p. 37).
- I read the questions on the Dialogue Worksheet as a preview to the partner work.
- People paired up and spent fifteen minutes reading pages 38-41 to find answers for the Dialogue Worksheet.
- We got back together and checked the Dialogue Worksheet.
- I also talked about how "Words to Use Instead of Said" (p. 39) can be useful in writing, as long as people don't use an abundance of them all the time! :-)
- We passed back papers and folders, and people read their comments, then logged in their pieces.
- The four seniors selected small sharing groups for tomorrow.
- We got back to our Where Were You Last Night? We finished typing, worked on dialogue editing, and traded stories with a partner for a first reading.
- We spent the last ten minutes reading each other's story and making ten comments on it.
Final Review/Frankenstein Wrap-Up
- We talked about allusions on page 8.
- We viewed the wordles, and everyone shared their the-thing-I'm-going-to-take-away-from-Frankenstein-is ... thoughts.
- We talked about the film clips.
- We talked about questions people still had from the quiz.
- Review for the objective final tomorrow.