- We read about seventy-five minutes today.
- Writing Experiment #8
Writing Assignment #1
Prompt Word Poem
- I handed out the rubric for this assignment and went over it.
- We reviewed the two things we worked on Friday: line breaks, and tips for titles.
- We had thirty minutes to work on this assignment in class (due Wednesday).
Writing Assignment #2
Where Were You Last Night? (p. 20)
- I went over the assignment, and then I read the start of two stories from the past.
- We had thirty minutes for this assignment.
- We will trade it with a partner tomorrow.
- People came back and showed me their connotation work, pages 18-19.
- People came back and read aloud their early memory poems.
- I reminded everyone about our guidelines for how to be a strong peer conferencer.
- We traded with a new partner and had a peer conference over draft #2.
- Everyone wrote a little letter to me about what he/she wants me to comment on in the second draft.
- We spent all the time after lunch reviewing for the final.
- I copied the notes from our in-class discussions for everyone in class.
- Prepare for the final on Wednesday.
- Prepare for the essay final and vocabulary final on Thursday.