- We read!
- I also put in daily reading grades, and I talked with some people about their books.
Writing Experiment #7
- We took ten minutes to write. The writing could be related to war, peace and veterans, or it could be a free-write about any topic.
- We said "hello" to Unit 2 (p. 29).
Writing Lesson #1
- Paragraphing--I read and discussed page 30, and then everyone paragraphed page 31 on his/her own.
- We got with partners and talked about why we broke the paragraphs the way we did. Some arguments broke out--it was great. :-)
- I passed out John Green's original version, with paragraph breaks, and we checked our paragraphs against his.
Writing Lesson #2
- Line Breaks and Endline--I modeled how I wanted partners to work on page 32, and then we took ten minutes to work on the poems on that page, breaking them into lines.
- We talked about how we broke the lines and why.
- We looked over the eight items on page 33, but we'll go into more detail on that on Monday.
Writing Lesson #3
- Tips on Titles (p. 36)--we read the tips there, and then we went through Earthbook to find three strong titles, and three week titles.
- Writing Experiment #8--This I Believe or Making a Comeback, twenty minutes
- I went over Nick and John's peer conference example from last year.
- We traded the Romantic Art Essays.
- We took twenty minutes for peer conferences.
- We talked about the Frame Story, and we took some notes in our packet.
- We created the Frankenstein Wordle: http://www.wordle.net/create
- See the wiki!