- We read for approximately seventy-five minutes.
- I had book chats with some people who'd finished
- Death of Language
- Ghosts, Monsters and Bullies
- Diction--Save the Words! www.savethewords.org
- Prompt Word Poem
- Rubric explanation
- Think about the things you're grateful to veterans for; we'll write the letter tomorrow.
- We talked about the motifs up on the Big Screen, and we added to our list. I printed notes and gave copies to everyone for the final review.
- We got into trios and share our translations of Shelley into Hemingway.
- Each trio chose the translation it felt was most in Hemingway's style.
- The nominees each read their translation aloud to the whole class--thank you, McKenzie, Alex, Josh, Marissa and Cody.
- Josh was selected by the class as the writer who most captured Hemingway's style.
- I handed out the review sheet, and I went over it and answered questions.
- We took the final quiz over the novel today.
- I handed out the expectations for the reflection journal, and people had time to start them in class. They need to be finished for homework.
- Frankenstein Wordle words (full explanation on wiki AND in your wiki mail)
- 1 1/2 pages rough draft of Art Essay (full explanation on blue rubric; Dartmouth essay; "Connections" chapter from TSIS)
- Reflection, if you didn't finish it in class.