- We read for seventy-five minutes.
- I did book chats with people who were ready for them
- Musical Memory
- We got papers back, and we did a folder log-in.
- I showed two slideshows from previous years, Erica's and Miguel's. We used page 22 to talk about them (creativity, etc.).
- People got on to the student volume and looked at other electronic portfolios there.
- I explained the checklist for the Prompt Word Poem Trade-and-Grade, and then we drew names for partners, then traded and graded!
- Dialogue Stories--I explained how to do this, using page 37 as a bit of an example, and people got their partners and started typing. We saved on the Student Volume. We will finish these tomorrow!
- We wrote for ten minutes on Freedom and Entrapment (p. 16; #2).
- We got back papers.
Small Learning Group (pages 3-30 of Mango)
- I explained how I want these groups to function--equality for all; focus on tasks; warm-up for class discussion.
- I explained items on the agenda: style discussion (p. 12); character discussion (p. 6); motifs discussion (p. 7)
- We had about ten minutes in groups, and then we had fifteen minutes with the whole-class discussion following.
- We took the quiz over pages 3-30 of Mango.
We used the rest of our time to do the following:
- read pages 31-64 of Mango
- continue annotating.
- continue filling in page 11 (Style).
- continue keeping track of characters.
- do the study guide in your head.
- VOCABULARY WAR!
- Do anything listed under "Independent Reading" that you did not finish during class.