- We completed the prep sheet for book #2.
- We rehearsed book #2 two times, with two different partners.
- Most people had thirty minutes or so to read.
- I conferenced with some people who had finished books.
- We spent the last few minutes talking about the Chilean miners' story, and then we wrote a story (a few sentences), using any of the new vocabulary we could. Our ticket out the door was this story/paragraph/a few sentences.
- We viewed the Oedipus Wordles. Each person spent a minute or so talking about why he/she chose the motif words--people actually ended up re-telling/reviewing a lot of the play, and it was interesting to see what words people prioritized, what fonts they used, what colors, what arrangements....
- We defined it, and talked a bit about where we've seen it. The story I assigned--"My Oedipal Complex"--obviously has intertextuality going on with Oedipus Rex--but how? And why?
Independent Reading Time
- We had thirty minutes in class to read.
- I conferenced with Courtney.
- Finish reading "My Oedipal Complex," and thoughtfully complete the Reading Journal.