Fluency Final Preparation
For any of the items I’m presenting today, and for any questions you have between now and next Friday, follow the ASK THREE BEFORE ME RULE. (If you ask me a question about something I already talked about, I will need independent confirmation that you did actually ask three other people for clarification, before you asked me.)
LET’S PASS BACK A WHOLE BUNCH OF PAPERS!
1. Do you have THREE rubrics completed and back in your hand? (I numbered them, so you will know which one counts for which in the gradebook.)
2. If you don’t have THREE completed, you are behind—which means you need to find someone who can listen to you today during SEMINAR—a student or a teacher.
3. Do you have TWO Fluency Prep Work sheets completed and back in your hand?
4. Look at the comments you received on your rubric. On a blank rehearsal sheet, write down the TWO THINGS that you most need to work on in your rehearsals today.
5. It’s time for rehearsal #4—with a person you have NOT worked with yet. Remember, if you are giving a person a “4”, you’re saying they’re reading as strong as Jo at the library.
6. Now I need you to fill out something about partners.
7. Read and relax
8. Rehearse the script, then go out and find two people to listen to you tomorrow!
1. Complete ONE rehearsal over BOOK #1. (This can be done during seminar.)
2. Complete ONE rehearsal over BOOK #3. (This can be done during seminar.)
AT THE TOP OF ONE WRITE “HW#2”, AND WRITE “HW#3” ON THE TOP.
Fluency Final Prep
- Everyone had two rehearsals with WHS staff members, over two different books.
- We checked grades, had some books chats, read and relaxed, did some extra or make-up rehearsals....
- Complete ONE MORE rehearsal (purple rubric).