- Go to this link for some vocabulary warm-up.
Let me know if you level up! :-)
Assessment--Skills Iowa--Reading Comprehension
- Get your log-on id from me, and then click on this link:
Log on, and take the Reading assessment I have for you there. (There are ten questions, after a reading passage.)
Go back and play vocabsushi when you're done!
- We had thirty-five minutes for read-and-relax today.
- Random Autobiography
- We got the writing text for the class--They Say, I Say.
- I talked about why we are going to be using the book.
- I assigned the introduction, pages 1-14, which we took thirty minutes or so to read. We highlighted and/or annotated.
- When we came back from lunch, we talked a little about some key points from the chapter.
- I assigned and explained the essay on page 14, and everyone started to work on iBooks.
- We agreed people would have fifteen minutes in class Wednesday to finish the essay. Anyone needing more time than that worked during seminar or 4th block.
- Read Thomas Jefferson's "The Dangers of Reading Fiction" on page 29.
- Answer questions 1, 3 and 4 in your RJ, and follow the directions for #2.