- We reviewed all the words.
- We learned two new words: GERMINATE and HOLOCAUST.
- We took the vocab picture quiz--we wrote the word, then drew a picture that showed we knew what it meant.
- We talked about WHY we need to read actively.
- We went over the Momaday passage we read Monday.
- We talked about a new strategy--MAKING INFERENCES.
- We read a Chopin passage, then made inferences about three things that were going on.
- We read for about twenty-five minutes.
- I did book chats with people who were finished with their first books.
- Bozidar talked about what happened to Yugoslavia, and what the countries are today after the break-up.
- Last week B. talked about the Yugoslav author Ivo Andric and connected a story of his about a wolf and a lamb, Aska and the Wolf".
- I handed quotations from Ivo Andric, and we discussed several of them.
- We wrote for ten minutes on the one of our choosing.
- We had about fifteen minutes to finish our essays on the iBooks and save them in the Student Volume.
- I explained the requirements for this assignments, and we got into our groups for Hemingway, Jefferson and Nabokov. We worked until the end of the block.
- Check the wiki--good readers and good writers--your top-five for each.