Writing Lesson: Imagery and the Five Senses
- We talked about why it's important to bring in all five senses when you're writing.
- We worked to revise a sentence five ways on page 52, bringing in a specific sense each time.
Writing Assignment: Perfect Moment
- I read and talked about the quotes on pages 70-71 to set the tone for this assignment.
- We brainstormed for some Perfect Moments in our own lives.
- I handed out a worksheet with a skeleton for the information you'd want to consider including in your Perfect Moment.
- We had twenty minutes to work on our first type draft, or to fill out the worksheet.
- We talked about what people learned from MacKenzie's reflections (pages 10-11 in the textbook).
- I touched briefly on Table of Contents.
- I handed out the packet with all the second-graders' comments on them, and we had a good chuckle.
- I handed out the pics Dana took of our cake-off, and we wrote her a thank-you note and delivered it.