Creative Writing Monkeys
What You Need To Do! J
1) Tabloid Story Trade-and-Grade
· Follow the directions on the purple sheet carefully and thoughtfully.
Time limit: 20 minutes!
2) Early Memory—Final Draft
· Re-read your kid’s story(ies) from yesterday.
· Make corrections as needed (but don’t add a bunch of stuff they didn’t say. J
· Save it in the Student Volume folder in Creative Writing called “Early Memory--Kid” as the student’s FIRST NAME. You can save both stories on the same paper/in the same file.
3) Kid’s Name Poem
· Re-read your kid’s name poem.
· Make corrections as needed.
· Save it in the Student Volume folder in Creative Writing called “Name Poem--Kid” as the student’s FIRST NAME.
Time limit: 15 minutes
3) Writing Workshop
· You have about forty-five minutes to work on what I’ve listed below. Find your name, and start working! J
· (Portfolio, if you have no make-up work to complete)
Time: 45 minutes
Here’s what I want you to work on today:
Early Memory—Final Draft, with yellow rubric
Tabloid Story—Final Draft, with purple rubric
Sense Poem—Final Draft, Rough Draft, and Rubric
Musical Memory (Get the assignment from someone!)
Journal #3 (Get the assignment from someone!)