9:55-10:05—EARLIEST MEMORY PARAGRAPH TO POEM
· Grab an iBook.
· Finish typing your poem.
· Read over both the paragraph and the poem, making revisions as you see fit.
· Save in your own Student Volume folder.
· Print to room 212. (Don’t go get it; I’ll go pick it up.)
10:05-Dialogue Model (Ben Again)
10:15-10:35—WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?
· Read over what you have so far.
· Think about where you want to with your story.
· Consider bringing in more dialogue.
· Continue typing.
· By 10:35, you need 1 ½ pages of a doublespaced draft.
· Save it in your Student Volume folder.
· Print it to room 212. (Don’t go get it; I’ll go pick it up.)
- We passed back papers.
- We did a folder log-in.
- We got Unit 2--and we went over the first page to see what we're doing during this unit.
- We partnered up to read the page about when to start a new paragraph, and then we worked our magic on the John Green excerpt. I passed out the actual book page. Tomorrow we'll begin class with a discussion of why we (and John Green) created paragraphs where we did.