- As our portfolio reminder and lesson for the week, I put up Nick's portfolio, and we evaluationed it using page 8, and we discussed it thoroughly. We talked about all the things he did to make his portfolio creative, and we read his reflection as well.
- We went over the John Green page we paragraphed in class yesterday, and we talked about which breaks we "got", and which breaks we missed--and why. (pages 32-3)
- Line Breaks--Caitlin and I modeled how to take the poems on page 35 and break them into lines.
- We got with a partner, and we read each poem aloud twice, we put slashes where line breaks should be, and we talked about our REASONS for breaking the lines as we did.
- We came back together as a class and discussed different breaks we made on different poems, and why.
- I passed out the authors' original forms, and we looked at how those writers made breaks.
- Option 1--This I Believe
- Option 2--Making a Comeback
- We spent fifteen-twenty minutes typing or writing our journal about either topic, and then we put them in the drawer.
- Prompt Word Poem--I handed out the words for the Prompt Word Poem, and I explained the assignment (p. 26)