Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

CREATIVE WRITING

Writing Lesson and Writing Workshop
  • I put up the autobiographical poem snippets on the Big Screen, and we talked about all the important elements to consider when revising this poem:  line breaks; detail; title; honesty; "resident of"; "sibling of".
  • I handed out the rubric, and we had twenty-five minutes type a final draft and fill out the rubric.  Anyone who needed more time is going to finish it for homework.
Organization
  • I explained the mid-term self-evaluation.
  • I handed out Unit Three for the textbook.
  • We did a paper pass-back and a folder log-in.
  • I handed out grade print-outs.
  • We handed in a packet for me to use at parent-teacher conferences:  purple self-evaluation; piece you want your parents to read; grade printout, with notes from you about any zeros.

No comments: