Writing Lesson and Writing Workshop
- I put up the autobiographical poem snippets on the Big Screen, and we talked about all the important elements to consider when revising this poem: line breaks; detail; title; honesty; "resident of"; "sibling of".
- I handed out the rubric, and we had twenty-five minutes type a final draft and fill out the rubric. Anyone who needed more time is going to finish it for homework.
- I explained the mid-term self-evaluation.
- I handed out Unit Three for the textbook.
- We did a paper pass-back and a folder log-in.
- I handed out grade print-outs.
- We handed in a packet for me to use at parent-teacher conferences: purple self-evaluation; piece you want your parents to read; grade printout, with notes from you about any zeros.