- Journal #2
- We talked about what HYPERBOLE is (blue handout).
- I read Shel Silverstein's poem, "Sarah Cynthia Stout Will Not Take the Garbage out," and people underlined examples of hyperbole. We discussed those examples, and we talked about HOW they are used for emphasis.
- We looked at responses for "My dog is so ugly...", and we talked about how those emphasize the ugliness in a humorous way.
- We got into trios and came up with our own responses to ...old, skinny, small, etc. Each of us shared one of our creations when we got back together as a class.
- We went over the rubric for the Tabloid Story.
- We grabbed iBooks, and we continued typing on the stories we started on Thursday (about twenty-five minutes).
- We saved and printed, and then we traded stories with a partner for a peer conference.
- I handed out the Mid-Term Review Checklist, and everyone completed that.
- We read.