- Autobiographical Poem
- I talked a bit about this project, and that we'd be meeting our buddies on Friday, May 7th.
- I answered questions about what we'd be doing, and why.
Dear Kiddo--write a poem in the form of a letter to your future child! (Some people chose to write letters in paragaph form--fine!)
- I gave the assignment, and I read Ben's and Brittany's models. We talked about the assignment for a bit, then typed/wrote for fifteen minutes, then handed the assignment in.
- We talked about what we wanted to do with these, and our plan was to share them in small groups.
Showing--Not Just Telling
- We looked over the Unit 3 overview (p. 49) to get an idea of what the unit is about.
- We put the four "mammas" sentences into least vivid to most vivid (p. 50).
- We analyzed the Cisneros sentence for Diction (p. 50), taking notes, and discussing.
- We talked about Vocabulary Variety on pages 58-9. We went through the list, and we talked about words we thought were vivid. We also defined words we didn't know.
- Fill in the blanks on page 60 to complete your own skeleton of a Sense Poem! (due THURSDAY)
- Musical Memory Journal (due MONDAY)