- Journal #1 (along with your pink journal half-sheet)
- We went over the Unit Overview on page three. People answered questions, and we discovered we had already gained understanding of a lot of the items on page 3.
- Everyone got a folder and a yellow log-in sheet.
- I passed back papers, one at a time, and I explained the different tenor of my comments on each one.
- We logged each one in.
- We decorated our folders.
- Ten people shared their Earthbook favorites aloud, saying why the selected the piece they did.
- We had twenty-five minutes to continue and finish our Trio Cliché Stories. We saved them, and we printed a copy for each group member.
- I passed out the syllabus and the book requirements.
- I handed out a model book report, and Marissa and I did a sample book chat.
- I showed everyone where the folders are for finding reading group guides.
- I called people back one at a time for pink sheet conferences, and book talks, if applicable.
- We finalized the t-shirt order, and I e-mailed Peregrine.
- I reminded everyone NOT to tell people if they have pieces in Earthbook. This makes us look unprofessional. We'll send letters to people around May 1st, letting them know they're in.
- I reminded everyone to bring back permission slips.
- I reminded people to create four submissions of their own--DUE MONDAY, 4/12/2010.
- We read aloud!
- We talked about potential paper color schemes.