- Pages 4-5 worksheet
- We talked about what is appropriate for writing and discussion. We made a list of "line-crossers", and we agreed as a group on what to stay away from.
- We talked about what clichés are (p. 17), and then we wrote anti-clichés. We traded with three partners and starred people's best anti-clichés.
- We scanned pages 18 and 19, and we talked about clichés we didn't understand, as well as ones we liked.
- We had fifteen minutes to finish reading Earthbook and selecting a piece to read aloud tomorrow or Monday.
- We read! :-)
- Four people presented theme/t-shirt ideas: elements, food, body parts and stages of growth.
- We talked a lot about what the theme of the book will be: most of our discussion centered on the elements and food.
- We traveled to Kum and Go for refreshment.
- We met during seminar (two-thirds of us did) to read submissions quietly.
- THE OFFICIAL THEME FOR THE 2010 EARTHBOOK: THE ELEMENTS! (EARTH, WIND, FIRE, AND WATER!)
- We talked about t-shirt ideas. The front design will be MacKenzie's cupcake.
- We assigned nicknames to about half the staff.
- I handed out permission slips.
- I handed out job assignments.