Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

CREATIVE WRITING


Lessson
  • I talked about the importance of trust (p. 2).
Organization
  • Everyone wrote questions about class, which I will read and answer tomorrow.
  • I showed everyone the blog, and I made everyone swear they will never use the following phrase, ever again:  "Ms. Willis, did I miss anything yesterday?"
Writing Experiment
  • Around the Block--I explained the prompt, and I showed three models.  
  • I showed how to do the MLA format for paper headings.
  • I showed how to save files on the Student Volume.
Reading
  • We had about ten minutes to read Earthbook.  Your pink sheet is due Thursday, and we will read EB pieces Thursday as well.
Homework
  • Read pages 4 and 5, and fill out the worksheet I gave you in class today.

MODERN PROSE
  • I handed out the make-up reading sheets and explained them.
  • Five of us gave little book chats.
  • We read for about seventy minutes.
EARTHBOOK
  • I went over the blog from yesterday.
  • The Independent Study people gave updates on what they did today.
  • We solidified our choices for theme and t-shirts.
  • We talked again about likes and dislikes.
  • We added some names to the nickname board.
  • We read aloud and selected.


No comments: