- Free Write #1--we wrote for ten straight minutes on a subject of our choosing.
Begin with the End in Mind!
- We viewed portfolios from third term, and we filled out page 7 in our textbooks.
- We discussed page 7 as a group, and we made sure we fleshed out our notes.
- We read Earthbook the last twenty minutes, after I passed out and explained the Earthbook Reading Assignment.
We discussed the following questions:
- What is this class?
- How is it organized?
- Why should I take this class?
- How can I get the grade I want?
- Everyone selected a book and started reading.
- I handed out yellow Reading Records, which everyone filled out.
- Everyone filled out a pink Reading Log to document his/her reading for the block.
We talked a bit about the following:
- Book Themes--so far we like STAGES OF GROWTH, FOOD/MEALS, and ELEMENTS.
- Nicknames--we started a list of potential nicknames, and we will mull it over between now and Thursday.
- What we like about old EBs; what we don't like about old EBs--we started a list of things we like and things we don't so that by Thursday we will have created a vision of what we want the magazine to be. Add to the lists as we move through the week.
- We read aloud for about forty minutes.
- Jennica worked on the snack chart.
- Daily Log
- Continued discussion of THEMES and NICKNAMES
- Continued listing of likes and dislikes
- Read aloud
- Job assignments announced
- Nick--Growth/Stages T-shirt idea
- Mac--Food/Meals T-shirt idea
- Jennica--Elements T-shirt idea