Stewart Writing Buddy Prep
- We started out with story time! We crammed into the carpet corner, and I read THINGS THAT ARE MOST IN THE WORLD.
- We looked at models of other -est things, along with their illustrations.
- We work on our own sentence and illustration.
- We got our Sense Poem looking good, and we made a cover sheet for our Stewart packet.
- People continued to hand these in.
- I talked to about half the class about their Revised Poem grade.
- I handed out the questions and directions for the Portfolio Reflection.
- I extended the deadline for Portfolios to THURSDAY.
- I showed about half the class how to save their EB submissions into the Student Volume folder. Four EB subs are required; more than four will earn some extra credit.
- I showed an example of SUBSTANTIAL revision, and I talked about how high my expectations are for these revisions.
- I showed an example of an EXCELLENT peer conference, again, stressing that my expectations for this are high.
- We spent the rest of the block revising or conferencing.
- I continued having short story conferences with people.
- I also had grade conferences with some people.
- I handed out copies of stories to people who had missed a Fiction Circle or two, and needed to do make-up reading and commenting.