- We filled out evaluation forms for our revisions, and we matched up with our partners, and we handed revisions in.
- We printed clean copies of our Autobio and Sense Poems, as well as Perfect Moments, if we were using them in our portfolio. We also printed clean copies of our revisions, if we were using them in our portfolio.
- I had people mark the portfolio pages for help.
Here's the checklist we used in class today:
1. Fill out yellow Peer Conference sheets.
2. Trade Revised Poem #1 and yellow sheet w/a partner.
3. Peer Conference—written and verbal—make at least ten written comments for an “A” grade. Answer all your partner’s yellow sheet questions! J
4. Trade Revised Poem #2 (different person).
5. Peer Conference—written and verbal—make at least ten comments for an “A” grade.
6. Label both your second drafts “SECOND DRAFT” at the top, please. J
Target Completion Time = 12:15
Revising Prose #1 (Start no later than 12:15)
1. Select one NON-POEM from your folder (Your short story is definitely an option!)
2. Revise this to a strong second draft (USE TRACK CHANGES), making at least ten significant changes to improve the piece.
3. Save it, print it, and you’re ready for tomorrow.
If Time Allows
· Revise Prose #2 (same directions as Prose #1)