Children's Story Prep
- We went to Stewart and interviewed our first-grade buddy. We also read stories, drew pictures, and played at recess. Everyone did a super job working with their kiddos!
- I went over the plan for the day, and I reminded everyone of our two focus points: memoirs, and kids.
- I introduced the requirements for the Graphic Memoir (p. 38).
- We read the six questions on page 39 aloud, since those are the questions we have to answer with our partner.
- I explained how I wanted people to read and view Art Spiegleman's Maus, pages 40-45.
- We came back together as a class to talk about page 39.
- Maus by Art Spiegleman
- "Broken Tragedy" by Emilee Parriott
- Two Lenses (typed draft due by end of block)
- Photo Memory Memoir (typed draft due by end of block)
- Graphic Memoir (due Friday)
- Two Lenses and Photo Memory Memoir, IF you did not finish them today in class