- We reviewed the questions we got from your group on Thursday and listed a couple we wanted to answer in our revision of Where Were You Last Night?
- I went over the checklist for this assignment.
- We had twenty minutes to revise and type our final drafts, then turn them in.
- We talked about what a short story is, or what it often has: plot, complication, character, resolution, lesson/moral/theme, protagonist and antagonist, title....
- I passed out the procedure for tomorrow, and I passed out interview questions, which people went over in groups, and added to as needed.
- I talked about the procedure in more detail, and I reminded everyone to bring a coat for recess tomorrow!
- We had a paper pass-back and a folder log-in.
- Prepare for your interview with the first-graders.
- Stretching the Truth, with rubric
- I went over the big picture for the week--writing one last memoir, writing a graphic memoir, writing a couple of poems related to childhood, and interviewing a second-grader who will become the main character in our children's story.
- We passed back papers, and we did a folder-log in.
- I had grade confer
- We discussed page 24, the requirements for the Photo Memory.
- We got into a groups of five, and we shared our photos and what we wrote on page 23.
- We grabbed an iBook and typed for twenty minutes on a draft #1 of the Photo Memory.
- Two Lenses (p. 5)--I read the models, after explaining the assignment, and we took ten minutes to type a rough draft.