- We reviewed the poetry terms we already introduced, and people who hadn't given me a term yet did so. We spent a little time talking about each one.
- Autobiographical Poem--I went over the pattern for the poem (on page 44), and then I read Kyle's example (p. 45). I also read Martha's and James', so that everyone could see how creative these poems can be.
- We spent about twenty minutes to create a typed first draft, which we handed in.
- I handed out the information for the small group sharing and questioning over draft two of the Where Were You Last Night?
- We got into groups of five, and everyone read his/her piece aloud and received questions and comments.
- Musical Memory Journal
- We spent the first twenty-ish minutes typing our "Valentine" poem (model on page 80), and we saved them on the Student Volume so we could see everyone's.
- We wrote a creative, genuine compliment to the three people we drew, and then we put those compliments in their take-out boxes.
- I read one compliment per person, and then gave the take-out boxes to people so they could hear their other two compliments. The compliments you gave each other were wonderful!
- We put the "Valentine" poems up on the Big Screen, and we read them aloud. Wow--they turned out really well!
- Stretching the Truth w/rubric