- All words have denotations, and a lot of them have connotations as well. Diction matters.
- We went over page 29, and a lot of people shared their noisy, quiet, colorful, and funny words.
- I handed out the requirements for the children's story and went over them.
- I handed out the Facebook Character Sketch.
- We worked on the character sketch and the storyboard from 8:35-9:15.
- We worked on the Autobiographical Poem and Rubric for the last twenty minutes.
- Completed character sketch
- Completed story board
- Completed Autobiographical Poem w/Rubric
- Recess clothes
- Today we workshopped poems from the following people: Bethan, Greg, Miranda, Miguel, Courtney, Brittany.
Children's Story Prep
- We got into groups of three, and we spent ten minutes created questions to use when we interview our second-grader.
- We talked a little bit about the procedure for the children's story unit.
- We traded our rough drafts of our Photo Memory Memoir with a partner, and we completed a thoughtful peer conference for him/her.
- Complete a second peer conference over the Photo Memory Memoir