- Worksheet over pages 4-5 reading
- I showed what the blog looked like, where it is, and how to use it.
- I explained the "Creative Writing" folder in HS Classes on the Student Volume
- Writing Experiment #1--Around the Block
- I explained the assignment, and then I read three models.
- People had twenty minutes to type.
- We shared them with two other people, then saved and printed them.
- We talked about clichés--what they are, and why they're evil. :-) (page 18)
- We started writing our own Anti-Clichés.
ADVANCED CREATIVE WRITING
- I reminded everyone to check the blog when absent, and try to keep up with us as best you can.
- I reminded everyone that we have a folder on the Student Volume for just our class that we'll start using tomorrow.
- We brainstormed more poetry vocabulary, things we think about when we're writing our own poems: diction, denotation, connotation, stanza, and punctuation.
- I handed out the directions for writing a class poem, and I read a model. We spent some time talking about the strengths and weakness of the poem.
- We spent the rest of the block writing the poem, then sharing all of them.
- Timed Journal #1--Tiny or Immense? (page 8)
- Type for twenty minutes on this topic. It's due when you walk in the door tomorrow.