Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday, 1/21/2010

No school yesterday due to ice


CREATIVE WRITING
Homework Due
  • Worksheet over pages 4-5 reading
Organization
  • I showed what the blog looked like, where it is, and how to use it.
  • I explained the "Creative Writing" folder in HS Classes on the Student Volume
Writing Assignment
  • Writing Experiment #1--Around the Block
  • I explained the assignment, and then I read three models.
  • People had twenty minutes to type.
  • We shared them with two other people, then saved and printed them.
Writing Lesson
  • We talked about clichés--what they are, and why they're evil.  :-)  (page 18)
  • We started writing our own Anti-Clichés.
Homework
  • None


ADVANCED CREATIVE WRITING


Organization
  • I reminded everyone to check the blog when absent, and try to keep up with us as best you can.
  • I reminded everyone that we have a folder on the Student Volume for just our class that we'll start using tomorrow.
Poetry
  • We brainstormed more poetry vocabulary, things we think about when we're writing our own poems:  diction, denotation, connotation, stanza, and punctuation.
Collaborative Writing
  • I handed out the directions for writing a class poem, and I read a model.  We spent some time talking about the strengths and weakness of the poem.
  • We spent the rest of the block writing the poem, then sharing all of them.
Homework
  • Timed Journal #1--Tiny or Immense?  (page 8)
  • Type for twenty minutes on this topic.  It's due when you walk in the door tomorrow.

No comments: