- We talked about the importance of TRUST in this class (p. 1).
- We talked about ACCEPTABLE MATERIAL. We came up with a list of things that would not be appropriate for assignments, and we took notes.
- I explained the Journal #1 Assignment, and I gave a handout to go along with my explanations. Use pages 16-17 for help.
- We made our folders, and we made our nametags.
- We went over the worksheet for pages 4-5, to review 1) what Earthbook is, 2) what material is acceptable, and 3) what academic cheating is.
- I passed out the Earthbook reading assignment sheet, and people spent the last ten minutes reading or decorating their folders.
- Journal #1 (See your bright yellow handout for requirements.)
ADVANCED CREATIVE WRITING
- Timed Journal #1--Tiny or Immense
- We read lines from the class poem we wrote yesterday: Tyler's, Brit's, Court's, and Miranda's. It was cool to see how they almost made poems on their own.
- I will get poems copied, and then we can all make poems with our own lines.
- Writing Experiment #2--Tell a Story in a Poem--I read a model poem and the directions on pages 2-3, and then we took twenty minutes to type a Story Poem.
- We saved them in our own Student Volumes, as well as saving them in the Advanced Creative Writing folder.
- I handed out the next section of the textbook, which has to do with diction, and poetry.
- We talked about the Banished Words Lists on pages 48-51.
- We auctioned off the guys in the room, and formed trios to complete the assignment on page 51--a list of ten words YOUR trio would banish.
- We saved our lists in the class folder, and we'll look at them Monday.
- I explained the homework on page 4--Still Life. I read the two models.
- Make sure you type your poem.