- We talked some about how we are capable of reading anything on our own, from our own perspective. But sometimes we want to consider viewing literature through a lens to focus on a certain aspect of the text. We talked briefly about a historical approach, a biographical one, a psychological one, and a feminist one. Then we got into pairs, and each pair did some research on its assigned approach/lens. We had thirty-five minutes to work. Pairs will present their information to the class on Friday.
- I went through vocabulary with everyone one time.
- We talked for five minutes or so to clarify a few questions, and then we took the reading quiz over chapters 13-18.
- Read the novel through page 164 for tomorrow.
- Read and think about your Critical Approach pair assignment.
- Study your vocabulary for Friday's quiz.
We're preparing for the fluency final--busy, busy, busy! :-)