Friday, October 9, 2009

AP

We spent all block on the three essay mid-terms.

Homework
1) Make sure you've made at least ten annotations to the Professor Foster chapter.
2) Start reading FRANKENSTEIN, pages 9-24. These are a series of letters that Walton is writing to his sister. We're not even going to meet Victor Frankenstein or his monster yet.
3) Talk to the text! Make notes in the margins about questions you have, observations you make, and vocabulary words you don't know.
4) By MONDAY, 10PM, please post the following on this discussion thread: (homework grade)--three questions you have over pages 9-24.
Your reading and thinking will be the basis for our class discussion on Tuesday and Wednesday, so please be thorough and thoughtful.


READING
3rd Block
Fluency Practice
  • I handed out the Fluency ballot (the same one we're using for rehearsals and for your fluency final), and I read Louise: The Adventures of a Chicken (Part I) while the class evaluated me.
  • Then I handed out a page from the book for people to phrase (using slashes), and then I read the page with pauses, and we talked about the phrasing.
Field Trip
Kum and Go, for vital nourishment

Read and Relax
Thirty Minutes

Vocabulary Instruction
Sam and Sierra taught us PERFIDIOUS and SCRUTINIZE.

4th Block
Fluency Practice



  • I handed out the Fluency ballot (the same one we're using for rehearsals and for your fluency final), and I read Louise: The Adventures of a Chicken (Part I) while the class evaluated me.
  • Then I handed out a page from the book for people to phrase (using slashes), and then I read the page with pauses, and we talked about the phrasing.
Strategy Practice--Visualization
  • Patrick and Martin lead us through the practice of VISUALIZATION with the "Oranges" poem.
Read and Relax
  • Thirty Minutes
Vocabulary Instruction
  • Nathaleen and John M. taught us PERFIDIOUS and SCRUTINIZE.
HOMEWORK: READ FOR AN HOUR THIS WEEKEND! HAVE SOMEONE SIGN YOUR YELLOW SHEET.

No comments: