We handed in the Professor Foster Geography chapter. I quickly read over annotations, then handed them back.
- We took the reading quiz over pages 9-52.
- We got into groups of four and went over page 74--Gothic Literature. We talked in small groups about how many of the Gothic elements are found in the novel; then we re-convened as a class to wrap up our discussion on that for today.
Literary Circle Planning
- We put up a list of potential books to choose from for lit circles, which we'll do in the latter part of Term 2.
Romantic British Artists
- We watched a slideshow of J. M. W. Turner. We jotted down words that his paintings made us think of. Is there anything in his art that you see resonating with the Romantic ideals we talked about yesterday? With Mary Shelley's novel?
- Read pages 53-73 for tomorrow, and/or GO TO THE PLAY! Woo-hoo!
- We're going to read page 103 for Monday, so pace yourselves accordingly.
- We laid out our twelve new cards, and then we reviewed them all.
Read and Relax
- We walked to the Public Library, and we read there for about forty-five minutes.