- College Research
- Baggie of vocab. words
- Jefferson RJ (two questions on paper, one on wiki)
- I handed papers back, along with typed comments.
- We reviewed the writing rubric.
- We agreed that second drafts will be due on THURSDAY for a final peer conference.
- Final drafts will be due MONDAY.
- We spent fifteen minutes defining the new words in groups of three.
- When we got back together, we sponged off each other until all of us had all definitions written on the back of our vocab. cards.
- We spent ten minutes or so talking about a couple of the RJ questions. We'll return to fiction in a week or so, and we'll re-consider Jefferson's essay at that time.
- We talked a bit about the basic outline of the play, which Greek audiences would already know.
- I passed out the plays, and we started reading.
- Oedipus Rex Reading: read page 65 for background; then read pages 9-26. We'll have a reading quiz tomorrow.
- We reviewed Friday's reading of "They're Made Out of Meat," and people told me again what I was doing wrong in my read-aloud.
- We reviewed the four areas of fluency.
- We reviewed our notes for Super Signals, then added to it. We will continue to add to this list.
- Find, note and explain two super signals used in the book you are reading now.
- I handed out green sheets for TENACIOUS and PACIFY. We talked about each of the words, then added them to our green vocab. grids.
- We reviewed our vocab. with the cards.
- Mr. P. came down and talked with us about what "congruent" is in math. We thought about how it tied in to our vocab word, "incongruent". Thanks, Mr. P!