- We started the block with the Flyswatter Game to practice our words. Team Right narrowly defeated Team left by two points.
- I passed out notes on what the Oedipal Complex is, as well as what a Freudian Slip is.
- I showed pictures of several different sphinxes, and I presented a brief comparison between the Greek sphinx and the Egyptian sphinx.
- We had fifteen minutes in groups to continue our dramatic irony lists. We used poachers to accelerate the process.
- I handed back the reading quizzes, and I went over the answers.
- We spent the last five minutes of the block talking in trios about what some of the big philosophical ideas or questions might be.
- We discussed the "It's Greek to Me" chapter. We made connections, agreed and disagreed, and asked questions.
- I handed out rubrics, and we spent time evaluating ourselves; then we turned our papers in.
- None--for the first time this entire term, you actually have NO HOMEWORK tonight. Enjoy!
- People turned in their yellow homework sheets.
- We passed back papers and put them in our binders in the appropriate places.
- We charted our progress on the six-way paragraph sheet.
- We looked through our strategy section, and we listed the strategies we've learned, used and practiced so far this term.
Read and Relax
- We spent thirty minutes reading.
- We talked about Friday's Guess the Emotion game.
- We took turns reading sentences with a given emotion, while the rest of the class tried to guess our emotion.
- We took a pre-test to see how much vocabulary we know, and to find out what we still need to study for Friday's vocabulary quiz.