The Sound and the Fury
- We talked about people's questions over the last thirty pages of Quentin's chapter.
- We added to our motif poster.
- We looked at the Shakespeare passage from Macbeth. We'll look at it again as the week progresses.
- We wrote for five minutes about what similarities we saw between the scene with Quentin and the Italian girl, and Quentin and Caddy. I'll read those, and we'll discuss them tomorrow.
- We read for twenty minutes, pages 113-139.
- The last five minutes we spent listing Jason's various philosophies about women, African-Americans, immigrants, Jews, farmers, his niece....
- Read pages 113-139.
- Highlight Jason's beliefs and theories.
- We read.
- We typed book reports.
- Staffers started selling in earnest today. Remember, you need to sell during at least two time slots for your homework grade.
- Production continues with computer layout, indexing, finishing the art, proofing, and taking the covers to the printer.
- Friday is deadline day.