- We turned in the Foster chapters on geography and seasons.
- The "Sloth" group presented today.
Poetry Explication--Digging Deeper
- I handed out and explained the requirements for the next group poem explication.
- We created groups and drew for poems.
- We took thirty minutes to read the poem a few times, start discussing it, and talk about possible approaches to the presentation.
- Everyone left the group work with a job to do tonight for homework.
Writing Workshop--Mango Essay
- I handed back the packet of gradually increasing goodness, and I gave some reminders about summarizing, citing, etc.
- We took thirty minutes to read our second drafts again, answer a few questions on the green sheet, then start drafting our almost-final draft.
- Group poem explication work--prepare for tomorrow's group meeting.
- A shocking development today--we read.
- We got SO much done today! I reminded everyone we have THIRTEEN DAYS left to get the book finished and handed over to Stacy for copying.
- I put a bunch of jobs up on the board, and people jumped in and started working.
- We got a lot of loose ends tied up, and we are ready to lay out in earnest tomorrow.