- We turned in our Mango essays--the last official essay of the year. :-)
- We heard from Tina and Zach with their poetry presentation over "A Green Cornfield". The "Song" and "April" groups evaluated.
The Sound and the Fury
- We listened to two mini-lectures from Professor Thadious Davis about William Faulkner's "most splendid failure", Faulkner's place as a Modernist, Faulkner's desire to "make things new", and Faulkner's use of time-"The past isn't dead--it's not even past."
- I handed out a three-column organizer for the novel to show how old Benjy his, depending on who's taking care of him: Versh, T.P. or Luster.
- I read aloud the first six pages, and we talked about the events Benjy is recalling, what's triggering those memories, who all the characters are and how they're related....
- Ben started a poster about the events in the chapter, which we'll add to tomorrow.
- We had twenty-five minutes remaining to read, highlight and annotate.
- Read, highlight and annotate pages 1-17 of The Sound and the Fury.
- We read.
- I read, commented on, then handed back book reports.
- We updated our yellow reading records.
- Ten day countdown--we continued working on producing the magazine.