- People turned in their page journals comparing and contrasting "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night" with "Elegy for My Father Who Is Not Dead".
- "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"
- "Elegy for My Father Who is Not Dead"
- We took notes about things happening historically and socially during Faulkner's life. We talked about difficulties in reading Faulkner, and we talked about things to consider as we read "A Rose for Emily".
In-Class Reading Time
- We had about thirty minutes to read and do the margin readings and notes for "A Rose for Emily".
- Finish reading and doing the margin readings and notes for "A Rose for Emily".
- We went over how to check out a book from the classroom library.
- We talked about trash--in other words, clean up after yourself.
- We talked about carpet corner rotation.
- We read for about an hour and ten minutes.
- We refreshed our memories on what jobs we have for Earthbook production.
- We looked at the covers again--we have them narrowed to three. We'll look at them and discuss them again tomorrow.
- Everyone saved their four submissions into the Student Volume.
- Publicity met, and here's their report: the new submission deadline is April 3rd, and publicity t-shirts are underway.
- Layout met, and here's what they did: sorted all the "ins" into one of the seven categories.
- We passed around the snack schedule, and everyone signed up for a day.
- We made nametags.