- We handed in the Professor Foster chapters 22 and 25 from Friday (highlighted with five annotations each).
- Hunter was here to talk about his experiences as a freshman at Pella.
- Derek handed back papers--thanks, Derek!
We took a few minutes to write down our thesis for tomorrow's paper, then made an outline of the arguments we're going to use.
I handed out Writing Reminders, and I went over each one. We had six people read to show strong examples of the following:
- Intro and conclusions and hooks--Asbury, Andrew and Tina
- Preparation and using examples--Mackenzie
- Prepare for the in-class essay (tomorrow).
- Finish your Bible Powerpoint, if necessary.
Last call for Prose Revisions--anybody else?
We finalized our Poetry Revisions and turned them in.
Please, get all revisions in by the end of class tomorrow.
First-Grader Kids' Story Preparation
- I handed out the Facebook Character Profile, and people started working on them.
- I handed out the Short Story Proposal sheet.
- I e-mailed Mrs. Green with additional questions people had.
- Please have both of these completed at the start of class on Tuesday.
- We kicked around some portfolio, and basically, people helped each other out with ideas--nice job, guys! Thank you for helping each other!
- I handed out the checklist for revisions, and I talked about our plan for the week.
- Earthbook submissions
- Class book submissions