- Today is the deadline for registering for the AP Exam in May. Please see Mrs. S. today if you want to sign up.
Backbone Unit Test
- We spent most of the block on the objective part of this test.
- Prepare for the in-class essay (see Backbone Unit Review sheet).
- For chapter 22 and 25 do the following:
- annotate--five times of you talking to the text (asking questions; agreeing; disagreeing; adding your own point, etc.)
- Revised draft of Poem #3
- We filled out a gold peer conference sheet using page 89, and stapled our packets Peer We peer conferenced over Poem #3.
- We reviewed our prose pink sheet and answered questions about how to fill them out.
- We filled out the Revised Prose pink sheet for each revision. (Your final drafts are done, right?)
- At 12:30, I walked through putting them all together and handing them in to me.
- We started creating final drafts of the poem revisions.
- We printed copies of final drafts for PORTFOLIOS.
- Take your folder with you today! You might need it for your PORTFOLIO!
- Work on your portfolio.
- Work on your poetry revisions.
We had a PAR-TAY! Happy Birthday, you-know-who!
- Today, we hear and commented on stories from Sarah, Rikki and Emilee--good stuff!
- We shared which four pieces we're going to revise next week.
- We wrote our short story reflections.
- On EACH piece you're going to revise, make notes about what you're going to change to make it stronger.