- People left their RJs with me so I could read their "Death of the Moth" responses.
Socratic Fishbowl--Robert Frost's "Out, Out--"
- I handed out the things to be thinking about when you're in in the Inner Circle and when you're in the Outer Circle. I reviewed expectations for this activity, and I answered questions for clarifications as needed. I explained the purpose of the activity as well.
- First Inner Circle: Megan, Amanda, Ben, Zach, Brad, Shelby, Cassie, Paul
- First Outer Circle: Lucas, Andrew, Miranda, Allie, Alex, Tina, Asbury, Brittany, Vincent
- Each group had fifteen minutes in the inner circle for the first round, following by about five minutes in the follow-up round.
- You guys did a turbo-stupendous job! I am so proud of the way you jumped into the discussions, the way you listened to each other, the way you kept digging when you had a question, and overall the way you gave today your best effort. Thank you!
- We spent the last fifteen minutes completing the reflection. Those who didn't have time to finish reflecting and writing can hand their work in later today or Monday.
- Answer the RJ questions on pages 31-32 for "A Rose for Emily" as follows: 1, 3, 6, 20, 23, 26.
- Please type your answers.
- I took a few minutes to discuss non-fiction, and I recommended a few books that, while they are aimed at younger readers, are actually great sources of material for high school students and adults.
- I went over the suggested reading deadlines for those aiming for an "A" for the term--ten books read by May 26th (or eight books ready by May 15th, if you're a senior).
- We read for about seventy minutes. If you missed class today, please read on your own this weekend, keep a log, and have a parent or guardian sign your log so I can give you make-up reading points.
- We talked about the back cover again, but we couldn't reach a clear decision, so we'll explore some other options, and we'll re-visit the issue next Friday.
- Publicity met to shape up letters/communications we want to use in the next few weeks.
- Publicity made a letter to artists asking them to submit by April 10th. They ran them off, and Ben will distribute them to people on the Art Service Club trip this weekend.
- Publicity put up posters asking for written submissions--deadline, April 3rd.
- Art met to look through submissions and discuss them.
- Nikki and Megan will check out paper options this weekend and get back to us Monday or Tuesday.
- We read and selected quietly for about half the block.
PLEASE BRING YOUR SIGNED PERMISSION SLIP, IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO!