You showed me your Revised Prose #1, a second clean copy, with at least ten changes made and noted.
- We talked about questions you can ask yourself, and your peer conferencer, to make your writing stronger--Having a Writing Conference with Yourself (p. 83).
- We filled out a gold peer conference sheet for Revised Prose #1.
- We looked at pages 84-5 to see an example of an "A" peer conference. That's what I'm looking for in your peer conferences. When you hand a piece back to the writer, it should be thoughtfully and thoroughly marked up.
- We traded our piece with another person, and we then read and commented on each other's work.
- People showed me their conferences when they were done, so I could be sure everyone's got the hang of the peer conferencing thing.
We started drafting our letters.
Have a clean, second draft, with at least ten changes/revisions clearly marked, for Prose Revision #2 for tomorrow.
You showed me the clean, second draft of your Revised Prose #2.
- We looked at page 83 again for reminders, and we filled out the gold peer conference sheet.
- We traded pieces with a DIFFERENT person than yesterday, and we read and commented on each other's pieces.
We continued drafting our letters. As people finished them, they printed them, and traded them with a partner to proof. We signed the letter we read, then through them in the drawer.
Revised Prose #3--clean second draft with at least ten changes