Monday, February 23, 2015

Creative Writing--Friday, 2/20/15

Day Thirty--Happy Friday, 2/20/15!

When You Come In
  1. Sign in, please.
  2. Put your phone in the hostage center.

Business
  1. Retitle your piece, “Your Last Name--Undercover Deputy.”
  2. Share it with me now, and make sure it is “CAN EDIT.”  Thanks!

  • Free Write #5

  • I’ll explain both these, then I’ll want you to work on them until I stop you.  Make sure and get the robot typing done FIRST.
  • Started 2:18; ending about 2:38?
  1. Five Easy Pieces Robot Typing--put a check at the top of it, and put it on the stool when you finish typing, please!
  2. Quizlet Vocab Studying
    1. Why do we study vocabulary?
    2. How can I tell if you study during the time I give you?
    3. Who studied yesterday?
    4. Who didn’t study yesterday?




Personal Essay (on schoology)

Writing Workshop:

Directions:
  1. Open a blank google doc.
  2. Copy the directions in purple (below), then paste them into the top of your doc.
  3. Read the directions carefully, so you BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND.
  4. Start your essay!  
  5. Finish for homework (due @ tardy bell MONDAY)

You must answer "YES" to all the following questions for 100% on this assignment.
1.      The piece is a minimum of 500 words.  My word count is in parentheses beside my name.
2.     I used paragraphs to show my shifting ideas.  I worked hard on this, since paragraphs help my reader understand me, and since we’ve been talking about paragraphing for the last week.
3.     I used the correct MLA format for heading.
4.     I doublespaced the whole piece.
5.     I included at least five specific examples to support what I’m saying--these five specific examples are highlighted in yellow.
6.     I used thesaurus.com to replace at least five words I ordinarily use with five more powerful, precise words--these words are highlighted in pink.
7.     All above items are complete by classtime MONDAY  at which time I will submit it to Willis as she directs me to.



No comments: