NO SCHOOL MONDAY DUE TO WEATHER
Day Eighteen--Tuesday, 2/3/15
When You Come In
- Initial next to your name on my clipboard for attendance.
- Drop your phone in the phone hostage center. Put your phone BEHIND your name card, please.
- Grab your orange daiy reading log and your book, please.
Picture Quiz #2:
- Number your paper from 1 to 30. The pictures we don’t view today, we’ll view tomorrow or Thursday.
- The vocab quiz over all twenty words is FRIDAY. Study on quizlet for homework between now and Friday!
Six-Way Paragraph—Understanding a Passage in Six Different Ways--12, EARLY DOCTORING PRACTICES
1. Reading Strategy #1: Read the questions first! (Give yourself purpose.)
2. Reading Strategy #2: Consider the title, before, during and after reading.
3. Reading Strategy #3: Annotation (Talk to the text.)
Start @ 10:51!
- When you finish the paragraphs, read and relax until I stop you. Most people are starting to read by10:57-ish; ending time 11:20-ish
- BOOKMARK JOURNAL #3
Please do NOT stop reading until 11:20. Thanks! I’ll stop you right on the dot.
- Pair-share “Early Doctoring Practices”, then check as a class.
- Turn in for a daily grade.
READ AND RELAX PROCEDURE, REPEATING
- Read until I stop you; do not quit early and start filling out your sheet, etc.
- Quitting early means you will only earn a “3,” at best for your daily reading today.
- I promise I will let you know when it is time to put away in plenty of time to pack up.
- Don’t I always?!
Read and Relax
- Get your daily reading log and your reading book
- Fill it out.
- Read and enjoy your just-right book.
Last Few Minutes
Complete your daily reading log
a. time ended
b. page ended
c. TOTAL PAGES READ.
2. Rate yourself. (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)
3. Put your daily reading log and book over on the table where it was when class started (or take your book with you, if you’re reading outside of class).