Happy Tuesday, February 17th, 2015!
When You Come In
- Initial next to your name on my clipboard for attendance.
- Drop your phone in the phone hostage center. Put your phone BEHIND your name card, please.
- Get out your vocab handout from Friday: Garrulous, Nefarious, and Amicable
- Grab your book and your orange sheet for free reading later.
Registration Announcement/Junior Board
- Bring your materials TOMORROW. We will spend time working on this, including online exploring of colleges you’re interested in.
- We will do book chats TOMORROW, if you need one!
- Dalton, Cirilo, Megan, Mercedes, James, Sam
- Repeat our five new words.
- Garrulous, Nefarious, and Amicable Picture Viewing (worksheet)
- Study the new words on quizlet until I stop you. Use your headphones, so you can HEAR the pronunciations, please!http://quizlet.com/71103095/comp-strats-vocab-study-session-2-flash-cards/
Started @10;46; ending about 10:56-ish
READ AND RELAX PROCEDURE, REPEATING
- Read until I stop you; do not quit early and start filling out your sheet, etc.
- Quitting early means you will only earn a “3,” at best for your daily reading today.
- I promise I will let you know when it is time to put away in plenty of time to pack up.
- Don’t I always?!
Read and Relax
- Get your daily reading log and your reading book
- Fill it out.
- Read and enjoy your just-right book.
Last Few Minutes
Complete your daily reading log
a. time ended
b. page ended
c. TOTAL PAGES READ.
2. Rate yourself. (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)
3. Put your daily reading log and book over on the table where it was when class started (or take your book with you, if you’re reading outside of class).