Day Twenty-Two--Monday, 2/9/15
When You Come In--Happy Monday!
- Sign in!
- Grab TWO story maps!
- Circle up with the chairs you’re already sitting in, please.
Big Idea: Today, we’re jumping in to the short story unit!
Discussion--Short Story Elements (as shown on your workheet, which you need TWO copies of.)
Independent Listening and Work
- You need headphones. If you need to go get them, do so quickly and quietly. Thanks!
- Look for an interesting story on THE MOTH.
- Listen to it.
- Fill out a story map.
- Select a THIS AMERICAL LIFE to listen two.
- Listen to segments one and two (the shorter ones), then listen to the third, longest segment, and fill the worksheet out for that last story only.
- Repeat the process with a story from THIS AMERICAN LIFE.
- If you are listening to a story, and you decide you don’t like it, stop listening, and find a new one! There is an incredible variety and range here—something for everyone.
- Be independent.
Select one story from THE MOTH:
Select one story from THIS AMERICAN LIFE: