- Day Twenty-Five--Thursday 2/12/15
- Happy Thursday!
When You Come In
- Sign in.
- Grab a gray packet, please.
Big Idea = SHORT STORY!
Big Questions We’re Going to Continue to Answer Today
- What is a short story?
- Consider the discussion you had yesterday about story.
- What are the elements a short story (or a novel) should have?
1. Get the short story packet.
2. Talk about STYLE! (pages 58-9)
3. Partner up to read and discuss “Point of View” (pages 62-3)
Started @ 11:50; ending about 12:00?
4. Consider Dan Harmon’s Story Circles (page 64)
5. Get a short story proposal (storyboard on the back, which you can use to start sketching out your plot).
Quiet, Independent Writing Workshop—Move if you think you’ll be chatty. Silence is supreme today.
1. Complete short story proposal--due MONDAY (no work time tomorrow though)
2. Start typing story, any part of it—two pages due MONDAY (no work time tomorrow though)
3. Cruise pinterest board for most recent fiction posts