Advanced Creative Writing
Day Thirty-One--Monday, February, 23rd, 2015
- DUE: Six pages on your story story
Short Story Workshop Prep
- Fill out the yellow highlighted portion only of the spreadsheet in our class folder called “Short Story Workshop.”
- Complete the assignment on schoology, “Short Story Final Checklist FIRST THING.”
- Do one last revision today; we are printing copies of stories and assigning two for you to read for tomorrow.
- LENGTH: six pages, minimum
- CHARACTER: strong development via vivid description (Don’t forget your “Describing People! Did you get that in there?)
- SETTING: strong imagery to create vivid descriptions of where and when; is your visualizing blocks page in there?
- DIALOGUE: strongly written and correctly edited, with snapshots and thoughtshots
- DICTION: it’s vivid and clear; consider connotation.
- While you are working, I will figure out workshop groups. If there is anyone you prefer to work with, e-mail as soon as work time starts today. After lunch, I will let you know what your workshop groups will be.
- After lunch, three people in each group handed out stories to group members. We spent the rest of the block reading and commenting--six-eight comments per page.
- Homework: finish your three stories for homework.