Day Twenty-One--Friday, 2/6/15
B Lunch 12:00-12:25
All SCHOOL ARTS ASSEMBLY 1:10-2:05 Iowa Army National Guard Band Performance
When You Come In
1. Get a take-out container.
2. Get five hearts.
Readings: How to Create a Compliment
- Read/watch each of the following, on your path to becoming a bad-ass at creating powerful, meaningful, interesting compliments.
The Art of the Compliment:
The Art of Perfecting a Compliment:
Writing the Compliment!
1. Come get a name from the bucket.
2. Write down who you drew on the clipboard.
3. Think carefully about the person.
4. Stare at him/her intently, so that a gulf of awkwardness grows between you. (…just kidding!)
5. Based on the informational reading and viewing you’ve just completed, create a superb compliment.
6. Deliver it to the person’s take-out container.
7. Repeat four more times!
Whole Class Sharing
- Pick up your mailbox, and read your five exquisite compliments.
- Select the one you feel is most exquisite, most genuine, most complimentary! :-)
- Circle up!
- Read it aloud when it’s your turn.
- ...no snarky comments during this--positive and genuine comments only! Please and thank you!